Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

servo motor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont understand your statement but....

The normal signal for driving R/C servos is a pulse with a width of 1 to 2 mS with a frame rate of 50 mS...

The servo is normally centred at 1.5mS

Forgive me but isn't the "frame rate" or "period" normally 20 msecs (sometimes as low as 3 or 4 msecs for newer generation digital servos)?

Doh... yes my mistake... Must have been having a Homer moment :D

I was thinking 50 Hz which is 20msecs...

Thanks for pointing that out...(where's the 'embarrassed' smiley? )

It's specced at a MAX of 20mS. Actually you can go longer as the brain in the servo is a sample and hold based on the pulse HI period only. I've used up to 40mS with no problems. If you go much longer than that the servo brain goes into low power "limp" mode and powers down its hbridge.

You can go LESS than 20mS with no probs, I made a 4 servo system that used 2.5mS events to sequence the 4 servos so the total period for any 1 servo was 10mS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back