Servo Motor (ATMEGA8535)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zhi_yi

hi.. please help me how to interface servo motor (180 degree) using ATMEGA853. Are there any good, short, and comprehensive tutorials regarding servo motor control? Thank You..

I found a servo tester using an ATTiny2313 last week which I intend to build. Haven't gotten around to looking at the code. It will drive the servo by itself, can also take a PPM signal from a reciever, two things I have been interested in figuring out. Sorry didn't save a link, shouldn't be hard to find with Google.

Thanks. Yeah, that's the one.

I've been through a lot of sites dealing with servos and PPM, didn't save the links as I really didn't find what I wanted yet, although that tester has a few interesting elements. Most of the source code is in 'C' or BASIC, I'm looking for assembler examples. It's tough enough withou having to learn a new language.

I got and old (crashed) Sport flyer, with 4 servos. Hadn't been stored well, and wanted to see if the servos were good. I hooked up a 555 timer for PWM, 20khz I think. Worked, and all 4 servos moved both direction. The duty cycle determines the servo position. 1.5 ms is center (90 degrees), 1 ms is the minimum angle (0 degrees), 2 ms is the maximum (180 degrees).

Haven't sat down and tried to work this stuff out in assembly as yet, only had the servos for a few weeks. Origionally, I wanted to take the PPM signal from a R/C reciever, and driver stepper motors...

The duty cycle determines the servo position is only applicable if there is only a single channel.

The position of the servo depends only on the absolute width of the pulse, when as you have correctly stated, from 1ms~2ms for end to end travel. The pulse can arrive not later than 20ms in between and the servo will work. This allows one to pack(multiplex) 8 servo pulses within a period of 20ms for a 8-ch control.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…