Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Servo Motor (ATMEGA8535)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zhi_yi

hi.. please help me how to interface servo motor (180 degree) using ATMEGA853. Are there any good, short, and comprehensive tutorials regarding servo motor control? Thank You..

I found a servo tester using an ATTiny2313 last week which I intend to build. Haven't gotten around to looking at the code. It will drive the servo by itself, can also take a PPM signal from a reciever, two things I have been interested in figuring out. Sorry didn't save a link, shouldn't be hard to find with Google.

Thanks. Yeah, that's the one.

I've been through a lot of sites dealing with servos and PPM, didn't save the links as I really didn't find what I wanted yet, although that tester has a few interesting elements. Most of the source code is in 'C' or BASIC, I'm looking for assembler examples. It's tough enough withou having to learn a new language.

I got and old (crashed) Sport flyer, with 4 servos. Hadn't been stored well, and wanted to see if the servos were good. I hooked up a 555 timer for PWM, 20khz I think. Worked, and all 4 servos moved both direction. The duty cycle determines the servo position. 1.5 ms is center (90 degrees), 1 ms is the minimum angle (0 degrees), 2 ms is the maximum (180 degrees).

Haven't sat down and tried to work this stuff out in assembly as yet, only had the servos for a few weeks. Origionally, I wanted to take the PPM signal from a R/C reciever, and driver stepper motors...

The duty cycle determines the servo position is only applicable if there is only a single channel.

The position of the servo depends only on the absolute width of the pulse, when as you have correctly stated, from 1ms~2ms for end to end travel. The pulse can arrive not later than 20ms in between and the servo will work. This allows one to pack(multiplex) 8 servo pulses within a period of 20ms for a 8-ch control.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back