Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Server Upgrade this week

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimB

Super Moderator
Most Helpful Member
A message from the Administrators:

Hello Everyone:

Just a heads up that we will be migrating Electro-Tech-Online.com to a new bigger faster web server this week and there may be spotty outtages especially when the DNS is updated. I am aiming to have everything migrated by end of day Wednesday.

Hopefully this will go smoothly with a minimum of disruption, but there is always the "oooh! I never thought of that!" waiting to catch you out.

JimB

Do the Admin have their location filled in so we know when the end of Wednesday is?

Mike.

"oooh! I never thought of that!" waiting to catch you out.

JimB

Black Swans... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Black_Swan_(Taleb_book)
The_black_swan_taleb_cover.jpg

Worryingly, also a favoured haunt of Edward Teach, better known perhaps as Blackbeard the Pirate ! :D

Good Morning everyone...

The migration is finishing up. All the HTML & images was moved overnight. I locked down the form on the older server and did a database backup and copied that over to the new server. Once the database was up and I could verify the server was running correctly on the new server I flipped over the DNS to point to the new IP address 67.227.167.4 and verified the change too https://www.whatsmydns.net/#A/www.electro-tech-online.com (Hello Sydney?)

A previous migration exposed an issue with LaTex and I knew there would be problems this time... and I just spent about an hour debugging LaTex and fixed it by rolling back the version included with the new server. Side note... The LaTex editor wasn't working on the old site either...
Now when you click
upload_2017-3-29_12-9-44.png

things will work nice.. Just remember to wrap formulas with the latex command

[latex]\left[ latex \right] latex stuff here\left[ /latex \right][/latex]

[latex]\frac{d}{dx}\left( \int_{0}^{x} f(u)\,du\right)=f(x).[/latex]

If you're still hitting the old site the DNS might be cached locally.

Try flushing DNS if you can... on Chrome / Chromium try this

chrome://net-internals/#dns

Windows might need a reboot... can't remember it's been so long since I used it ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back