Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

serial lcd help

Status
Not open for further replies.

RainMan

hi all,i purchaced an Atom 20 by 4 line LCD serial display module and a parallax bs2 pic.well in my parallax manual it only discusses how to write to a parallel display.is the source code the same? thx Rick

RainMan said:
hi all,i purchaced an Atom 20 by 4 line LCD serial display module and a parallax bs2 pic.well in my parallax manual it only discusses how to write to a parallel display.is the source code the same? thx Rick

No, you use a serial output to control a serial LCD. I don't use STAMP's, but you usually get examples for them, I would expect the Atom to come with STAMP examples.

it should be fairly easy to write to a stamp,

use the serout function,
SEROUT 0,N2400,("text here") ...for 2400bps..on pin 0

or

SEROUT 0,84+$4000,("text here") ....for 9600 bps...on pin 0

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back