Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Serial Communicatoin + External Interrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.

huanyong

hii...i have the problem with external interrupt. How to send a signal (like pressing enter button) on PC (through serial port) to activate the external interrupt in PIC?

If you are using serial port level shifter (like the max232), you could just tie its output to the external interrupt and set your external interrupt to occur on the proper transition. Whenever the state toggles (such as a character coming down the serial line), your interrupt will fire and you can handle whatever in software.

Hey,

I am using a pic16F73 now, and I want to put some buttons on the pic I think that portB will do on RB4 t/m RB7.
Can I just put a button on that pin and get RBIE in INTCON set and then I can get a interupt from the buttons.

Thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back