Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Serial communication between PC and 8051, simulate and display the input characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

luwen

Hello....
I am a newbie to 8051 programming. I am using Proteus for circuit design and simulation and Keil for coding. I have uploaded the HEX file onto the microcontroller and then used a virtual port. However,there is no character displayed and I'm failing to see where the problem is.

I have uploaded the .asm file and jpg file of the circuit.

Thank you for help and guidance!

I can see though that he's enabling the serial interrupt, yet there's no serial interrupt handler present. The characters that it is currently displaying are in a table stored in program code, which cannot be changed during program execution.

What needs to happen is you need to designate buffer registers in RAM that hold the display characters. Upon receiving characters from the PC, the received characters get stored into the character buffers in RAM. You can use the stack to implement this. The display routine will cycle through each character RAM location as it multiplexes the display.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back