Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sequential turn signal help

Status
Not open for further replies.

corygoodman838

Hi everyone,

They are supposed to be operated on a variable flasher unit so that the sequential sequence finishes before it resets it.
99% of the time they operate as a on/off light. Every now and then I can get one or two sequential sequences out of it. which leads me to believe it's an electrical problem.

Could anyone give me some pointers on where to start? I have some basic skills so have no problem testing , removing and soldering components back in.

second hand units, both left and right act the same. unknown brand.

Attachments

• 241538714_10227188241749643_1087041204756252649_n.jpg
    241538714_10227188241749643_1087041204756252649_n.jpg
    457.1 KB · Views: 211
Without a schematic of the circuit it's difficult to suggest a course of action.

maybe not. Close-up photo of the IC - ?

Photo of the bottom side of the board - ?

ak

That IC looks as if the number may be covered by ink, rather than ground off?
Can you try wiping it with alcohol or acetone / nail varnish remover?

Looking again, the socket connections around the IC pins are also showing what looks like green corrosion.
Cleaning them may help?

I don't think there would be any varnish on a socketed component; too likley to creep and mess up the connections.
Also, on the top surface the markings appear to be showing as depressions rather than different colour, suggesting ink or similar rather than a protective layer

Reactions: Buk
Looking again, the socket connections around the IC pins are also showing what looks like green corrosion.
Cleaning them may help?

I don't think there would be any varnish on a socketed component; too likley to creep and mess up the connections.
Also, on the top surface the markings appear to be showing as depressions rather than different colour, suggesting ink or similar rather than a protective layer
I would suggest they perhaps simply sprayed the entire board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back