Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

sequential read to AT24C01A serial EEPROM

Status
Not open for further replies.

giaracam

I am trying to store data and and read the stored data in the EEPROM. The EEPROM is interfaced with a microcontroller. I was successful in storing some values in the EEPROM because every time I store successive values in the EEPROM, address just increments itself so i dont have to go to the whole process again of sending a start bit, control byte and so on! I am also able to retrieve values from the EEPROM from the address i specify. But my problem is, I have to go to the whole process again and again just to read the data stored in the EEPROM. In other words I am unable to read sequentially. Can anyone help me!!! Thanks!!!

My algorithm goes like this.
1. R/W set to low. (dummy write)
2. microcontroller sends start signal
3. microcontroller sends configuration code
4. microcontroller sends address
5.R/W set to high
6. microcontroller sends start signal
7.Read the data from the address specified in number 4.
8.generate stop signal.

this is my algorithm in reading from the address specified in the EEPROM. what shall i do if i want to read from the address i first specified to the next address in memory?

eeprom problem

hi, i'm also having a eweprom problem but of very low category. i'm very new to microcontrollers. i need to interface 8051 with 24cXX serial eeprom. i want to know do i need to program the eeprom chip seperately also, rather than 8051. Please help me.

eeprom problem

hi, i'm also having a eeprom problem but of very low category. i'm very new to microcontrollers. i need to interface 8051 with 24cXX serial eeprom. i want to know do i need to program the eeprom chip seperately also, rather than 8051. Please help me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back