Sequential Lighting display Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

gadgetbubba

I am brainstorming a project for a museum that depicts a path on a mural that settlers or whatever would've taken. The path would utilize LEDs along point A to point B. The LEDs would light up one by one when triggered along the path. When the path was reached, the would all remain lit for a few seconds and then start over once triggered.

I have done similar projects using shift registers with success. The only hiccup with this project is that there could potentially be 100+ LEDs to control/address individually. I would hate to have to wire up 17 or so 8-bit shift registers to do the job.

Does anyone have another ideas regarding this?

Thanks....

Sorry, I guess I should've been more specific. I am already planning on using a Parallax controller. My question was more directed at the driving of LEDs. I plan on shifting out data to shift registers capable of driving the LEDs right now. But didn't know if there was a better way. This way would require a bunch of shift Registers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…