Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

sensorless brushless motor driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

alelazz

hi,
recently i have made a project involving cd-rom brushless motor. In order to project the motors contol driver i used a triphase inverter with bjts and a microcontroller to make the logics. Because of logistic problems of my applicaqtion, i didn't use hall sensors but i made the one i think it's called open loop actuation.
To avoid problems to the start-up of the motor, i set the rotor in a definited position before of becoming the actuation. It works fine and it's just quite performant for my application.
The problem is that i must write a paper about, and i can't justificate my way of proceding whitin the fact that he just do it. I read i little of documentation and it sims to be impossible to drive a bldc without sensor or the metod of back EMF. But i don't understand why this feedback is really needed : maybe for the speed control ( i don't made it but i can see that if i increment the frequency of switching of the driver it goes faster, and that is what i need) or maybe for a torque trimmerable to the change of loads (my load is alwais quite the same) or to avoid a torque with steps ?
Can u help me? someone kwnows how to find good documentation on bldc or driver systems?
Thanks a lot and sorry for my english.
bye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back