Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

sensor of line follower

Status
Not open for further replies.

sherek61

hi
i want to build line follower but i dont know how and where i must put them(of course the best way)for example i want to know if it is good to put them in one line or not?? :?: &howmanysensor is enough?
please help me
thanks alot
bye

By "line follower" I assume you mean that a line is painted on the floor and the robot follows it. In that case, you need two sensors, one for right ,another for left.
If that is not the case, we need more explaination.

Try this place, I'm pretty sure it's what you're looking for. And if you watch the movie you'll see that the results are quite good. **broken link removed** Go to the bottom of the page and click "An inexpensive infrared line sensor for the MIT Handy Board." That should be what you want. Let me know if this helps. :wink:

Rain

Line Follower

You only need one IR transmitter and one IR receiver to track a line. For example you place the robot to the right of the line. Program a uPIC like 12f675 to control two motors. When the IR pair detects no line it turns left and when it sees the line turn right. Then it zig zags back and forth.

n8

I personaly just never really liked the zig-zag type. If you watch the movie of the one I posted, you'll see why I love that one. I've seen the zig-zag ones, and although they might be easier to build, they aren't nearly as fast and steady as this one. :)

Little mistake here... I've posted three times under Electric_Rain... But I'm the same guy you all know... Electric Rain. (Sign-in problems... Just now noticed it.) :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back