Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sensor ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

MartinV279

I'm making a sensor glove and need sensors to measure finger flexing. Tried to make some sensors with piezoresistiive materials such as Velostat and ESD bags, but the output is too unstable. Any witty ideas for an alternative sensor that can measure that?

how about POTs/ encoders in the joints, linear POTs pulled by the finger tips......your imagination is endless:woot:

The first on my mind was potentiometers (I guess that's what you meant by POTs) but I guess it's too much of a mechanical concept for a use such as in a glove. About the encode, how do you think I should implement it?

I've never before taken interest in Carbon Fiber, but looks and sounds exciting. Read on the internet that it can be used in similar way to strain sensors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back