Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

sending data via infrared

Status
Not open for further replies.

jijita

i'm sending data via infrared i want to remove the offset and attenuation that occur while sending the data how do i do that?
how far can i keep the infrared receiver and transmitter from each other knowing that data is arriving correctly?

jijita said:
i'm sending data via infrared i want to remove the offset and attenuation that occur while sending the data how do i do that?
how far can i keep the infrared receiver and transmitter from each other knowing that data is arriving correctly?

Check my IR PIC tutorial!.

i'm using a diode and photodiode not a pic embedded infrared
anyway i'll check your tutorial and see
i would appreciate it if you give me more info on the subject here on the forum

Re: reply

jijita said:
i'm using a diode and photodiode not a pic embedded infrared

I would advise using an IR receiver IC, rather than a photo-diode. It will save you a great deal of time and trouble, the IC's include high gain, AGC circuits, detectors, and respond to a specific modulation frequency. These are all attributes that are pretty well essential, building them your self following a photo-diode isn't trivial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back