Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

sending command from serial port to PIC16F to control servo ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i looking for the way to control servo
i dont understand how to commanding PIC from computer
and i really suck on C++ ( i have little experience )
example :
if computer send command like this :
then the servo will move 90 degress
and with other command it will move to the other degress
if there was any application for this or there a way to do this
it would help me alot :)

then how to set the PIC to recieve the the command and ferform the command and do it ? :)

edit : i think Hyper terminal is a modem checker and not a freeware :)

Last edited:
then how to set the PIC to recieve the the command and ferform the command and do it ? :)

edit : i think Hyper terminal is a modem checker and not a freeware :)

Hyper Terminal is a free serial terminal program provided with Windows. Or at least it was up to Win XP, can't say for later Win versions.

If you just want to control a servo over a serial channel using a PIC, then look at this:
**broken link removed**
This is $25, the USB programmer made for it is $15, that'a $40 total. It does serial programming over USB. The processor is a PIC16F88. There is a bootloader code inside that allows the free BASIC to create servo controls. This is as simple as writing
SERVO P4, pos, 50
"SERVO" is the command
"P4" is the processor pin the servo is connected to
"pos" is a position value, typically -1200 to 1200, that tells where to set the motor
and "50" is the number of times the control sequence is issued. This determines how fast the servo moves to its position.
This board can control six servos, and/or two stepper motors, or four DC motors. The steppers/DC motors can be driven by an L293 half bridge IC, or by four MOSFETs, each FET capable of using 24V up to 9 Amps EACH! You can drive some serious motors with this!
Hope this helped.
kenjj

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back