Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sending a Carriage return in a text file

Status
Not open for further replies.

zek

Do you have any knowledge of how one would get a carriage return on a line of text or text file. I know how to send the file to the command line, which I'm doing using hyperterminal but don’t know how to effect the CR? Thanks, zek

A Control-M is the carriage return and the Control-J is the newline. You enter these keys by holding down the Control (Ctrl) key and pressing the appropriate letter at the same time.

In fact using the Control key will allow the entry of most of the characters in the range 0x00 to 0x1F.

Last edited:
To Papabravo, works but now.....

I believe I need to put a pause in the text after the Ctrl + M or do something with hyperterminal to cause a delay between command lines. TIA Zek.

That depends on whether it's UNIX or Windows.

UNIX is 13 (decimal) and windows is 10, 13 (decimal).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back