Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Send PWM control signal to 2 fans with 1 buffer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chico

I have a fan with a PWM control input wire on the fan. Using anything with an open-collector and reasonable amount of source/sink current (cant find a spec) can drive this control signal. Right now I have 2 fans pwm signal powered from 1 logic buffer (schmitt). Is that bad form? should I instead of have 1 signal on 1 buffer?
Its the same PWM signal to both fans, thats why i thought 1 would be ok.

The only way to answer this question is to find out the spec that you don't have. If you can't find the required current then there is no answer. Since it works obviously nothing right off the bat is invalid, however for the long term without the spec you don't have there is no way to proceed with understanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back