Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Semi interesting bits for sale (uk only)

Status
Not open for further replies.

picbits

Starting to have a bit of a clearout and have a stack of power supplies up for grabs for *Parts only*

These may well work and were sold to me as having been refurbished but I've not actually powered any of them up.

First off we have some rather interesting high current 240v to 5v/12v supplies - they have a rectifier on the mains input then three interesting DC-DC voltage modules. They also have a rather tasty aluminium heatsink which to buy on it's own would cost a pretty penny. There is some supporting logic and some non standard connectors. Priced at £10 each for these plus carriage - I'm happy to use Collect+ / MyHermes to save money and will weigh some of these and get prices if you're interested.

Some pics :

I also have some bare board SMPS units - I don't know anything about these but £5 each + postage for parts

Finally a couple of nice cases with a LCD (looks like a standard 2x16) on the front and a working PSU inside - after £15 each for these plus carriage

Happy to do a deal for a few units and collection is more than welcome from NN8 (10 minutes from the A14 Kettering turnoff or 12 minutes from M1 J15)

Ta
Dom

do you have any of these left?

will see if i can talk dad into parting with some cash :D do you take paypal? as a friend thingy to avoid fees

i might be after the two with cases and 2 5/12V what kind of current will they handle?

I wouldn't have a clue what the current handling was to be honest with you - personally I'd rather sell the PSUs as parts only and let your dad test them to make sure they are safe enough for you to use etc etc. If you mean the PSUs with the DC/DC converter then I think they are around 120 watts for the DC/DC converters.

If you work out what you're after I'll sort you out a price including P&P for everything (can you PM me your postcode first so I can check which couriers deliver and how much etc ?)

Hey LG - some more pics of the inside of the cases. I'm a bit under the weather today (as is the wife) so couldn't really spend much time out in the workshop and I remember these cases being a bit of a rubix cube to get open properly so stuck my fat hands and phone inside to get some pics. I suspect that for two cases and a couple of PSU's we'll be knocking on 20-22Kg in weight so around £15-£20 carriage (if less then will refund any difference).
091220131394.jpg
091220131395.jpg
091220131396.jpg
091220131397.jpg
091220131398.jpg
091220131399.jpg
091220131400.jpg
091220131401.jpg

thanks for that now all i got to do is work on dad!
hope you feel better soon

Not feeling any worse so hopefully on the mend. I do take Paypal by the way.

Great cases for a project by the way - you could even make them into an incubator ;) :p

lol now you mention it, they are for the incubator project :D especially the cases

Hmm using two back to back with the rear plates removed could work as well. They have a pair of fans in the side as well - could possibly be of use.

i have to wait until after xmas, so i can see how much money i get for Christmas! Tried the bank of Dad but It's started charging extortionate interest rates! Like cleaning the mucking out trailer :grumpy::meh:. Bank of Mum seems to have closed early for Christmas

Hey! first of all, sorry for bringing old thread back to life, but i suppose you don't have these things anymore? i do live in finland so rates can be also quite high....but i still ask! :)
and of course, i don't want to jump in front in queue (sorry, dunno how to say that in english, but you get my point) of little ghostman!

those cases ghostman too was/is interested, and those 12v/5v psu's, depending on 12v's wattage, and do they have impact huge impact on costs

Ok - to ship 20Kg to Finland in a box 60cm by 60cm by 60cm will cost around £37 on a 4+ day courier (subject to availability). Next cheapest courier is over £90 so probably not worth it. Goods are covered up to £20 but can be covered for more for a few ££ extra.

I've not tested any of the power supplies here - they are sold for parts or experimental purposes only - they may work perfectly but treat them as for parts or spares and you won't be disappointed.

You may get a few extra spiders with some of the items as they have been sat in the workshop for over a year (this post was made a long time ago !)

ok, so umm, how much is the total cost? i don't mind spiders/dust...

Depends exactly what you want and how many bits you're after. I can do you both cases (assuming they are still ok - it has been a while since I checked) for £20 the pair plus postage then the supplies for £5 or £10 each depending on which ones you're after :)

hmm, it gets around 80-100 € then, because i'm not working anymore, i'll catch you later with this issue. right now i need to think where do i spend and how much, surely you understand :) if need arises, feel free to sell them forward too, i don't have that much need for them afterall, just an hobbyist :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back