Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Seeking info. on 7 pin connector

Status
Not open for further replies.

socal2017

I'm looking for some assistance from this forum. I have a 7 pin male connector from the late 1990's and I'm looking for the female piece. As I mentioned, the piece I have is a threaded 7 pin plastic connector. It is reportedly waterproof and powered a light bulb. Markings include 250v, 8a, and 1780. There is no manufacturer name from what I can tell. I've included two photos below. Any assistance as to who manufactured it and if a female part is still available would be appreciated. Thank you all in advance for your assistance.

Steve
DSCF1039.JPG
DSCF1040.JPG

Thank you for the prompt reply. That photo looks identical to the one I have. Can you clarify the brand/name of the one in the pic you posted? Thank you again.

Steve

Thank you again. I've ordered the female part, amphenol t3105-001. Fingers crossed it fits the old male connector I have.

Thanks to the contributions above, I obtained the matching female connector (shown on left in pic below). Next, I need to solder a power source to the female "end" in order to power the bulb of the light.

The existing "male" end (shown on the right, with rust) which is attached to the bulb, has only two wires leading to the 1 and 6 positions with 3 and 4 connected and 2 and 5 connected via jumpers.

My goal is to power the bulb, which appears to be a Phillips halogen 7787 36v 400w (also shown below), via 110 for display purposes. Also, I wanted to confirm if I need to fun power to the 3, 4, 2, and 5 positions or can I just fun power to the 1 and 6 positions?

Any assistance in determining the best way to power the bulb using 110 (inverter, transformer, etc) would be appreciated. Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Steve

DSCF1061 (2).JPG DSCF1043.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back