Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

see this and help me

Status
Not open for further replies.

imgemini

hi friends i get this circuit . and i just want to know how much power of rigesisiter i need

Attachments

• 2_439.jpg
    351.6 KB · Views: 513
The resistor is connected to the base of a small signal transistor. So its base current will be of the order of uA. A 250mw resistor is sufficeint for that and for 1K resistor 500mW will be ok.

Remember, in any circuit, even if you use high power rated resistor than required, it won't affect the circuit operation.

Hi,
The reply to question you asked me in PM.

Reactive components like capaitors and inductors do not dissipate power. Thats why they are not rated in terms of power. Capacitor has max. voltage rating which should be roughly 1.5 times the supply voltage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back