Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Security With LCD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to agree with Bill. I have temp sensors outside, greenhouse, garage, and underwater in a pond. Want to add a bunch more including more ponds, refrigerators, freezers, intake and exhaust on AC and swamp coolers. Also humidity sensors etc etc etc.

But when you get that fancy 1W is only half of the solution. You need another network (like internet) to tie it all together. :)

Ok i made a countdown from a reset like if power was los and restored then when it ask you to turn on/off alarm you have 10 seconds to choose yes or no unless it auto arms.

I know it is very buggy so any help would be awsome!

Attachments

• main.asm
    10.8 KB · Views: 109
atom can u send me the codes which are in c , i m also working on same project please send me that code ...
my problem is that i m not able to program EEPROM...

Last edited:
Ok i made a countdown from a reset like if power was los and restored then when it ask you to turn on/off alarm you have 10 seconds to choose yes or no unless it auto arms.

I know it is very buggy so any help would be awsome!

hi atom.
IIUC, even if the alarm is not 'armed' at a power failure, when the power is restored the alarm becomes 'armed',
if you dont disarm within 10secs.?

Why dont you save the 'armed' status [On/Off] within the PIC's internal EEPROM.
On power up, the program would read the saved 'arming' status from the EEPROM and
arm/disarm the alarm system accordingly.

I'll run the main.asm thru the Oshonsoft Sim.:)

Last edited:
Sachin, he has spent a lot of time to do this and I doubt he nor would anybody else give you hard work so you can put your name on it.

Sachin, he has spent a lot of time to do this and I doubt he nor would anybody else give you hard work so you can put your name on it.

brother actully , i want compare my code with his ..
because i dont know where i did the mistsake...
can i send my code , can u tell me what are all the mistakes i did....

Last edited:
i have code all over this post... as for the comments wells what ever has comments has em and what doesnt well... doesnt ... i dont have much much time to comment the whole thing. Feel free check out the code but if you come up with something good be sure to than all who had a part in it.

Here is some of my new code for the 448 with 2 wire lcd and a piezo and led for alarm status. not much comments. Most of the code was learned from futz (even tho i cant organize it as well) :D Hope someone (sachin.kolkar) can use this or learn from it somehow.

Oh yeah its in Boost C.

Here is a video (as of this moment still processing)

[embed]http://www.youtube.com/v/Jlug22z0w70[/embed]

Attachments

• alarm.zip
    1.8 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:
yay on the subject of lcds for this project. I finally understand custom characters :D but it sux that you only get eight lol. Im sure you could always redefine them anyway. But here is a picture. Sorry Bill ( William ( blueroom ) ) for copying the house. It was just a test. I had to zoom in on your image on the links page to count pixels lol. Wasnt too hard. This requires Futz "2 Wire LCD Code"

house-jpg.21139

My Function:
Code:
void def_custom(unsigned char bank,unsigned char r1,unsigned char r2,unsigned char r3,unsigned char r4,unsigned char r5,unsigned char r6,unsigned char r7,unsigned char r8)
{
        delay_ms(500);

lcd_cmd(bank); //Bank starts at 0x40 (DECIMAL: 64)
        delay_us(160);

lcd_char(r1);  // my custom char
        lcd_char(r2);
        lcd_char(r3);
        lcd_char(r4);
        lcd_char(r5);
        lcd_char(r6);
        lcd_char(r7);
        lcd_char(r8);

delay_us(160);
	    lcd_cmd(0x02);	

}

This is in my main to draw house
Code:
        def_custom(0x40,0x00,0x00,0x01,0x03,0x07,0x0f,0x1f,0x1f); //TOP LEFT
        def_custom(0x48,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x10,0x18,0x1c,0x1e,0x02); //TOP RIGHT
        def_custom(0x50,0x1f,0x1f,0x1f,0x11,0x11,0x11,0x1f,0x00); //BOTTOM LEFT
        def_custom(0x58,0x02,0x02,0x1e,0x02,0x02,0x02,0x1e,0x00); //BOTTOM RIGHT

delay_ms(1000);
        lcd_line1();
        lcd_char(0x00);
        lcd_char(0x01);

delay_ms(1000);
        lcd_line2();
        lcd_char(0x02);
        lcd_char(0x03);

Attachments

• house.jpg
    house.jpg
    601.2 KB · Views: 244