Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Security camera, FM Transmitter, booby trap alarms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gary350

Lots of house break ins every night in our neighbor hood. Dog has been barking every night like someone is out there hiding in the bushes. I have 7 motion detector lights and I ordered some 1,000,000. lumin spot lights.

I bought a 4 camera security system with 100 ft of wire for each camera if I was 20 years old again I would have it installed already. I got a refund & was going to buy wireless security system but decided I better wait see if anyone knows if Harbor Freight wireless systems are good?

I am going to set up trip wire booby traps to turn on lights they are not wind sensitive like motion detectors.

I build a duel 555 timer siren circuit it works great but it needs an amplifier to be heard any suggestions?

I am looking at motion sensitive deer hunter cameras to scram to trees police use these $40 each.

Last edited:
I don't think you'll be happy with trip wires, these are inexpensive and work well for the price **broken link removed**

Lots of house break ins every night in our neighbor hood. Dog has been barking every night like someone is out there hiding in the bushes. I have 7 motion detector lights and I ordered some 1,000,000. lumin spot lights.

I bought a 4 camera security system with 100 ft of wire for each camera if I was 20 years old again I would have it installed already. I got a refund & was going to buy wireless security system but decided I better wait see if anyone knows if Harbor Freight wireless systems are good?

I am going to set up trip wire booby traps to turn on lights they are not wind sensitive like motion detectors.

Motion sensors aren't wind sensitive, and are commonly used outdoors. Trip wires don't sound a very effective system, and would require more installing and routine maintenance - if you couldn't be bothered to install a 4 camera system, how would you be bothered to install trip wires?.

First move to a new neighbourhood.

Secod, the trip wires will help, but I haven't tested them myself.
A parktronic type sensor will work for everything, the problem is it also has to call the police.

This seems rather simple, but not with the highest quality:
https://www.circuitstoday.com/parking-sensor-circuit

This is a simple switch circuit without a sensor, which will tell you if any of your doors or windows have been opened:
https://www.electronicshub.org/security-alarm-circuit/
If you replace the switch with a sensor you will get the same. It still needs to call the police though !!!

A simple circuit with middle quality and mistakes in it:
https://circuiteasy.com/burglar-alarm/

The common between these circuits: it can be with a switch or with a sensor, but the circuit activates a buzzer AND CALLS THE POLICE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Burglars are dangerous and by the time the police comes you and your family might be dead or worst !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Be careful what you are doing. Maintain the circuits and check them every day for proper functionality for at least a 1 month. Your biggest problems is if someone knows how to deactivate or bypass the circuits (5% chance, but 1 in 20 might burn) and second if the circuit malfunctions.

Check this it might help you:

This is from the projects boards on "AllAboutCircuits.com":

Motion sensors aren't wind sensitive, and are commonly used outdoors. Trip wires don't sound a very effective system, and would require more installing and routine maintenance - if you couldn't be bothered to install a 4 camera system, how would you be bothered to install trip wires?.

WE are having 30 mph wind it is suppose to get worse tonight gusting to 45 and 50. Motion detector lights were ON all night tree limbs flapping back & forth motion detectors will not turn off. Motion detectors are wind sensitive because of what wind does to other things.

WE are having 30 mph wind it is suppose to get worse tonight gusting to 45 and 50. Motion detector lights were ON all night tree limbs flapping back & forth motion detectors will not turn off. Motion detectors are wind sensitive because of what wind does to other things.

What kind of sensors were you using?, PIR's aren't triggered by blowing trees (they need a moving heat source), and 30mph isn't particularly windy.

Moving tree branches can case shadowing of an object that is warm or has residual heat.
Some PIRs will trigger from any variation of temperature in their view, whether it's the source that is moving or shadowing effects.

I had to switch from a standard PIR to a dual mode PIR + dopper one in my garage as tree movement caused apparent heat changes, with patterns of sunlight moving around inside at certain times of the day.

PIR sensors are NOT RECOMMENDED for this use. You need a dual wavelength laser sensor or a parktronic sensor which is made to work in such wind(check just in case as security is a HIGH RISK FIELD).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back