Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Seattle Is Dying

Status
Not open for further replies.

HVAC Tech

My Mom said she heard about a documentary called "Seattle is Dying" and that I should check it out. I looked it up on Youtube and I found the video. Just got done watching it and I am blown away by what I saw. If anybody is interested in watching the video I will include a link below. It is amazing what has happened to Seattle in just the last 10 years. My family used to travel to Washington and Oregon once a year to visit family and it was a beautiful place. Seattle has gone down the toilet big time.

Last edited:
I have been through Seattle many times. It was/is a beautiful city. Like the documentary says it is not a homeless problem but a drug problem. Hope they get it figured out.

Too many do-gooders...

Yeah, I hate those people that pick up after themselves and use a toilet to go to the bathroom. I wasn't really that shocked at the homeless problem as I was at the lack of accountability. People being picked up for committing robbery, home invasion, rape, drugs and being let out the same day just to do it all over again. Some of those people had been arrested 50 plus times in a two year period and they are walking the streets.

They get inside of your homes and rape your 6 year old children and you let them go. The so-called "democracy" forbids you from taking the life of a criminal, after all his life is important, but the tenths of victims for every 1 criminal mean nothing......

I have been through Seattle many times. It was/is a beautiful city. Like the documentary says it is not a homeless problem but a drug problem. Hope they get it figured out.

It was a compelling video. As it happened, a friend from Seattle was visiting and I sent it to him the day before we met and we discussed it extensively. I have tried to educate myself on this general issue for many years, so that I can better make an evidenced-based decision in the voting booth.

I think it is a homeless problem, a drug dependence problem, a mental health problem and more.

One simple approach is to drive "those" people away from "not those" people. In fact, that is a traditional approach. Seattle's approach (in regard to directives to law enforcement) as it was highlighted in the video, was not to do that. I would not like to live in that environment (Seattle) and I do not have the answers. I don't believe there are any simple answers that meet legal, ethical and moral standards.

How much of the problem is "my" problem and how much is "my" responsibility is something that I think everybody struggles with, regardless of whether you are of the "too bad for them" or "do-gooder" orientation or something in between.

The RI tri-pharmaceutical approach is interesting and is well-known, but everything I know about the pharmacological treatment approach suggests that a strong infrastructural approach is also required.

The best I can come up with at this point is to remain open-minded, honor the complexity of the problem, support the efforts of science, respect the data and, to the best that I am able, express myself in the voting booth. Not much of a response, but it is the best that I can do.

It was a compelling video. As it happened, a friend from Seattle was visiting and I sent it to him the day before we met and we discussed it extensively. I have tried to educate myself on this general issue for many years, so that I can better make an evidenced-based decision in the voting booth.

I think it is a homeless problem, a drug dependence problem, a mental health problem and more.

One simple approach is to drive "those" people away from "not those" people. In fact, that is a traditional approach. Seattle's approach (in regard to directives to law enforcement) as it was highlighted in the video, was not to do that. I would not like to live in that environment (Seattle) and I do not have the answers. I don't believe there are any simple answers that meet legal, ethical and moral standards.

How much of the problem is "my" problem and how much is "my" responsibility is something that I think everybody struggles with, regardless of whether you are of the "too bad for them" or "do-gooder" orientation or something in between.

The RI tri-pharmaceutical approach is interesting and is well-known, but everything I know about the pharmacological treatment approach suggests that a strong infrastructural approach is also required.

The best I can come up with at this point is to remain open-minded, honor the complexity of the problem, support the efforts of science, respect the data and, to the best that I am able, express myself in the voting booth. Not much of a response, but it is the best that I can do.

Youv'e Drugs problems there.......Weve got Voter stupidity problems here. People voting that cant even read properly after 25 years of freedom and ANC education.

Why? ANC keeps the masses dumb. The only way they can stay in power. Lower Matric pass rates and make University entrance qualifications LOW........these are the stupids that smash bottles on the way past here........kids..........30% for Mathematics in high school....accepted at a University doing Engineering Courses.....................lol.

The stupidity is mind boggling :eek:

That's why new bridges are not being built......we don't need them.....

Its Africa. Bridges are a Colonial thing....

We don't need roads either. Or cars. Nope.

Stupids dragging everyone down to their level.
I'm looking forward to my first cow.
I'm calling her Suzi. She packs an Uzi.

Etc.

Just too many stupids here. SA here we go. Were another Zimbabwe basket case soon.

http://www.highestbridges.com/wiki/index.php?title=Mtentu_Bridge

Locals threatened the Constructors....they pulled out. Engineers
left and went home. No Engineer or any educated person needs to deal with this kinda crap.

http://city-press.news24.com/Busine...-faces-delays-after-contractors-exit-20190208

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back