Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Searching for relays

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to ETO, Derek!

This component has a bit of a history on ETO.

There are others. One responder gave up and just lived with no "recline" function...

Thanks Bob, yes I had seen the previous correspondence and I was hoping that as that was a few years ago someone might have found a source supplier by now.

Does your relay assembly look like this (from this ETO post):
dsc01537-jpg.41669

If so, are you sure that it's one of the relays (labeled "SRE103020 G03") that has failed? What about the fuse (lower right on image above)?

What can you tell us of the current state of the entire assembly, i.e., are any of the relays working?

Hi Bob, I think that Board is from a chair assembly. The type we are dealing with are from profiling beds but they use the same relays. As you can see the relay is repeated several times and each one operates an actuator. It seems straightforward enough to diagnose the faulty relay but trying to source them is a headache as the bed supplier will not supply a component and we could do with sourcing a hundred or more for future use. Thanks Derek

Attachments

• Sidhill pcb.jpg
    Sidhill pcb.jpg
    336.6 KB · Views: 452
Those relays are quite "unknown" even if produced and placed on boards like those types. As for a datasheet, possibly does not exist as for being released by the company itself or someone that actually took one of these apart and displayed the info shows no reasonable sign of this.

For the relays foot print on the board for whatever the type, datasheets containing the pin out on many types of other brand relays could be used to find an equal to relay. Then it's whether or not if any found relays are able to be acquired from a source supplier in single or small quantities for any specific type of pin foot print required.

There should be relays available from many other manufacturers that meet the set up unless those Phoenix Mecano are odd ball configured on the pin outs, not likely the case, tho haven't seen the pins from the other side of the board from my perspective to know for sure.

An example of relay types, and their foot print lower down. The list is extensive tho would not list all known relays as for still in development as in obsolete pin types used way too long ago to be relevant for the past 20 or so years, I doubt that board is not that dated.

**broken link removed**

Relays start around page 8-10 and continue on. The foot pin out types are listed to the right of each relay and the relay PDF for that specific type of relay listed per model.

Notes. a relay with a slightly higher coil voltage can be used as long as the voltage is above cut in range a 20 Volt relay can cut in at an usual 15 volts at times with no load on its contacts to cause any buzzing with adequate load. A 24V will work just as well, many are only typically 15 avg milliampere on the coils, and the contacts are usually rated fair on inductive / capacitive and resistive loading to work in place of others. In these cases Inductive loading.

And with proper inductive use the relay should act as a brake on shutdown to remove inductance from the motor to cause an abrupt stop. This should be in the Contactor relay class, SPDT type likely.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Relay

Hope somewhat helpful.

If you can get a 24Vdc relay in the same footprint with similar contact ratings, there is 99%;) chance that it will work...

Just saw Gromtag's post. We're of a like mind... (And now MikeMI's as well :rolleyes:.)

As stated elsewhere, ordinarily a 24VDC relay will respond to a 20VDC signal (if in fact the circuit driver voltage is only 20VDC). That being the case, a suitable 24VDC relay substitute might very well be found.

Is there any chance you could remove one of the relays and post photos of all six sides, especially the bottom with a ruler laid alongside so that the footprint and pin layout position dimensions can be determined? Relay configuration (SPST, SPDT, etc.) can, usually, be determined by the number of pins, coil pins with an ohmmeter and NO or NC status likewise.

Hi All, please see footprint of end relay. A 5 pin base, hope this helps and thanks for your advise on using a 24v coil.

Attachments

• Sidhill pcb side view3.jpg
    Sidhill pcb side view3.jpg
    227.7 KB · Views: 338
If you can get a 24Vdc relay in the same footprint with similar contact ratings, there is 99%;) chance that it will work...
I was having the same thought!

Is it a case of "Great minds think alike" or "Fools seldom differ" :eek:

JimB

SPDT 1 Form C? type

I assume things have changed from my older Potter & Brumfield T7CS5D-24 being SPDT (1 FORM C) type, newer relays list more pins for that pin type.

Last edited:
Omron G5LE-14 DC24

Those motors in the profiling beds are gear reduction, thus in thought a relay with 30 Volt contact should work. As many relays are shown each motor has its own driving relay, I doubt that 1 relay is driving more than 1 motor at a time, via the no 2 motors are alike terminology in speed of rotation. (2 motors on 1 gear have been bad results for me in the past). One ran faster than the other.

Unknowns, what are the motors current requirement? (for a better rated relay)

The information i have from the motor (actuator) plate is 24vdc, Max 2.00A, push force 2000N. Does this help?

How about one of these?

Footprint + pin placement dimensions:
upload_2017-1-13_11-38-4.png

Datasheet.

Of course, don't know if quiescent (OFF) NC - NO pin outs will will be correct for the PCB trace connections.

that Omron G5LE-14 DC24 is rated for 5 Amp at 120 Volt A/C,

and 4 Amp at 30Volt D/C.

as for where I found them, Digikey, other sites may differ as a cost aspect.

**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
A relay with the same foot print and similar ratings would work, does not have to be an Omron either. As long as the DC Inductive load rating Amperage and voltage rating used for aplication are within the relays rating, (other than quality of relay life/materials)
It will plug and play.

Data sheet section for this info for the Inductive ratings (on this particular relay, other manufacturer datasheets will typically differ on readout)

https://www.omron.com/ecb/products/pdf/en-g5le.pdf
https://www.omron.com/ecb/products/pdf/en-g5le.pdf

Thanks to all who have taken the time to respond i will pick up on all suggestions and let you know the outcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back