Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Searching for Heatsink Boxes in Australia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Screech

I'm after a professionally finished metal heatsink box/case as the ones pictured.
Dick Smith used to sell them years ago, but I can't find where to get a similar aluminium/steal box now.

Thanks
from Melbourne. :D

Attachments

• ScanImage005.jpg
    ScanImage005.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 1,413
Klaus, their online catalog is *(*0. :evil: and there search facility is the same.
have you got a catalog number for the item/items?
thanks

hey screech,

I think you want to run a fan through it like a tunnel. Jaycar has got this kind of heatsink (but not exactly the same)

Heres a link:

**broken link removed**

they should have multiple store in Victoria

Screech, unfortunately there is no scanner handy at this work computer :wink: , so it has to be words:
They have two types, one measures 105x61mm and comes in lengths from 100 to 285mm. It is basically an extrusion (black), finned all round with a removable front and back panel. p#185-3170 (100mm), p#185-3186 (125mm), p#185-3209(165mm), p#185-3215(200mm).

The other type is similar in size as the above but also had a removable top lid. There is a pic with feet brackets ( mounting kit- $21.40, p#297-1358) being fitted to slots in the extrusion.
Sizes as above, p#297-1279, 297-1285, 297-1291, 297-1308.

These cases are designed for Eurocards with internal card slots.

There is a third case with a heat sink suitable for TO3 types but at $383.- I doubt you'd be interested
:eek:

The RS catalogue comes also on CD, why not call them to get one? The
paper catalogue is only for account customers I believe, its as big as a phone book.

I hope that helps,
Klaus[/code]

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back