Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Search by number of replies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sceadwian

Banned
The search function seems to have lost the ability to search for posts based on the number of replies. I thought it was working after the system update but noticed yesterday that it was absent not sure if it actually did work after the system update now. I used the feature a lot to find only new threads that had less than 2-3 replies. I've come to find that generally speaking after about 4+ replies to a given post either the question has been answered or that someone else is already in a discussion that I don't need to post about when my updated subscribed threads list gets 'low' every day I search for fresh topics that haven't been hit with a large number of replies already.

Look under the "Search Thread" pull down above and choose "Advanced Search". The option is there and it worked, because the search turned up this thread when I searched for one reply or less.
EDIT: Just tested it again. It doesn't appear to be working right.

2ND EDIT:
Click on New Posts under Home at the top left of the page.
Then click the Search on the blue bar.
The "Find Threads with at most # replies" works from there 100%.

Last edited:
Wow... That's... needlessly complex to find, nearly hiden! Why's the search dialog so obtuse now? It wasn't very intuative before but it's better than how it is now. Hopefully one of those things that Electromaster would be in a forthecoming patch (once it was released) in a few weeks.

Last edited:
One thing that makes it almost useless is the fact that all words are automatically OR'd together, instead of AND'd. And I could never find a way to change that behavior.

One thing that makes it almost useless is the fact that all words are automatically OR'd together, instead of AND'd. And I could never find a way to change that behavior.

You are supposed to be able to use the plus (+) between words, but its always been flakey. e.g."multiple+search+words"

Most of the same features are still they're just mixed up in a blender on frape =\

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back