Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Scope waveform slanted to one side. HELP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

diy didi

Hi all.
I have this scope for a while now. Works fine, except the waveform is slanted to the right as in the picture below.
I have tried adjusting some of the trimpots inside.....still nothing.
Trace rotation adjustment also doesn't help. Any ideas??
It is a 20Mhz GW Gos-623 scope. Can't find service manual either.

Looks like the CRT may be rotated slightly off center. Graticule mask doesn't look square, either. Hard to tell.

What's it look like with a calibration square wave?

Last edited:
I think you are showing the 'fall time' is faster than the 'rise time'. I do not know if that is your scope or the waveform.
What's it look like with a calibration square wave?
What frequency do you show? Try faster or slower.

what are you feeding the signal from? what frequency? often function generators do the same thing near their frequency limit. it's a distorted sine wave as if it's being generated by a function generator with the symmetry control off center or out of trim.

Hi diy didi,
I worked as Tektronix Australia P/L service tech for years, and know analogue CRO's inside out!
Your display looks like timebase sawtooth is being modulated by your sine-wave display signal!
GW is a chinese product. Consider it may be suspect to contain dud electros, in power supply areas. Chinese electros are all suspect particularly from 1997 to 2007.
See this,https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capacitor_plague
I suggest look for dud decoupling caps in your vertical amplifier's power supply circuits or any that are common to horizontal and vertical amplifiers and time-base generator.
Try jumping a good cap across any suspects, while you watch.
Try operating it as a X/Y display (time-base off), and check if vertical signal gives sloped line. Change sine frequency from very slow Hz to a MegaHz or so. Might give you a clue if slope changes.
Regards,
Clive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back