Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Scissors lift motor and light

Status
Not open for further replies.

428lily

Hi, I like to create simple things out of stuff people throw away. As far as electronics are concerned I have little or no knowledge. I want to create a table lamp that when switched on it rises out of a box on a scissor lift platform driven by a small motor. How can I get the motor to operate and stop at the desired height when the light is turned on? Similarly when the light is switched off I want the motor to operate in reverse to lower the platform and close the box! Any suggestions or ideas would be appreciated. Thank you

You can use a two pole changeover switch (or relay) to control the motor, and two microswitches as "limit switches" to stop it at the correct positions in each direction.

If it's an AC (mains) powered lamp, use a relay with two changeover contacts in place of the switch. You would also need a suitable DC power supply, or batteries, to run the motor.

This is the basic DC motor reversing circuit; the diodes each provide a single-direction bypass to the respective limit switches, so the motor stops in one direction but can run away from the limit when the switch is reversed.

1654536715447.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back