Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

School Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajjeko

I know this is a bit advanced ( your forum I mean ) for me to be asking such a lame question, I have the 'invention convention' coming up. and me ( being sort-of stupid) decided i would make the 'heating shovel'
Basically I would have the tip of the shovel heat while you shovel snow so its easyer, I came across the problem that it I cant produce the heat, can anyone suggest some way that i can heat up something, especially if you could show me like something that would heat the metal-tip at the front, or maybe just the front in general getting warmed, its a $25 spending limit, so it kinda sucks, but if you guys can help its greatly apreciated, thanks.

Using 110 VAC to heat the shovel would be dangerous and using a battery would require a large and heavy one. A better solution would be to coat the shovel with teflon or wax to make the snow slide off. Spray-on teflon was available at one time, altho I have not seen it lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back