Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Schematic supply connetion, 5V or 9V?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnson777717

Good day folks!

Would you mind helping me to determine the unknown connection in this circuit? I believe this is a 9V connection, but I'm not sure, it could be a 5V connection?

Please see the arrow pointing upwards at the top-middle of the schematic between C6 & R6. Thank you for your help!

Attachments

• pic_frequency_meter_small_image.gif
    pic_frequency_meter_small_image.gif
    9.6 KB · Views: 562
74HC logic definitely requires 5 volts, and will not work (permanently) on 9v.

It looks like the Weeder frequency counter?, it works off 9V but has a 5V regulator on board for feeding the PIC, LCD and TTL. The front end FET's are fed from the 9V supply though!.

It looks like the Weeder frequency counter?

BINGO! Mr. Goodwin gets the cookie :D

74HC logic definitely requires 5 volts, and will not work (permanently) on 9v.

Yeah, I got to looking at the schematic during my lunch break at work and came to that realization! Doh! :oops:

Thanks for your help folks, sorry to waste your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back