Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Schematic for a Ti-83 Calc PC Link

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nostrafus

Anyone got one, can be USB, Serial, or Parallel, I got free ones for all of them, all the ones I found online were made by people who don't know how to make schematics. Very poor quality.

I've decided to build the circuit in the first link...schematic **broken link removed**

My Question: Radio Shack only had a 5.1V Zener Diode. WOuld it be possible to swap out the 4.7V Zener the schematic calls for and use the 5.1V instead? I wouldn't think less than half a volt would make much difference, but thought I should ask first.

~Mike

Anyone??
Would that extra .4 Volts be too much for the calculator? I started everything last night and all I need is this answer and i will have it done.
Thanks,
~Mike

Shouldn't be a problem, I think there might actually be a way to drop the .4 volts, perhaps try using a slightly smaller power supply on your calc, like 4 AA lith ions (the 1.2v kind so instead of having 6v, you'll have 4.8v) that way, when you get the extra voltage going to it, it shouldn't hurt it.

OK, I wired it and fit it to a case, should work, just need to grab the right size cable at RS before work.
I'll post again if it works.
~Mike

I remember making a cable for my calc about 2 years ago. The ******* wouldn't work until I lopped the lines down to about 4 inches long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back