Schematic for a Ti-83 Calc PC Link

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nostrafus

Anyone got one, can be USB, Serial, or Parallel, I got free ones for all of them, all the ones I found online were made by people who don't know how to make schematics. Very poor quality.

I've decided to build the circuit in the first link...schematic **broken link removed**

My Question: Radio Shack only had a 5.1V Zener Diode. WOuld it be possible to swap out the 4.7V Zener the schematic calls for and use the 5.1V instead? I wouldn't think less than half a volt would make much difference, but thought I should ask first.

~Mike

Anyone??
Would that extra .4 Volts be too much for the calculator? I started everything last night and all I need is this answer and i will have it done.
Thanks,
~Mike

Shouldn't be a problem, I think there might actually be a way to drop the .4 volts, perhaps try using a slightly smaller power supply on your calc, like 4 AA lith ions (the 1.2v kind so instead of having 6v, you'll have 4.8v) that way, when you get the extra voltage going to it, it shouldn't hurt it.

OK, I wired it and fit it to a case, should work, just need to grab the right size cable at RS before work.
I'll post again if it works.
~Mike

I remember making a cable for my calc about 2 years ago. The ******* wouldn't work until I lopped the lines down to about 4 inches long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…