Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Schematic diagram

Status
Not open for further replies.

max_m

Hello,
can someone please help me with a problem i'm having. I have an old Sony radio which has great sentimental value but unfortunately it is not in correct working order. When i turn on the radio i can hear a hiss, it doesn't seem to pick up the tuner. I have an understanding of how the radio works but it would be very useful if someone could give me an example of a schematic diagram for an 220V transistor radio. I believe i could find the problem if i knew how to follow a simple diagram of how all transistor radios work. Thanks a million for your help.

Some radios have a model number. :eek: You could start there. :p

If not, a chassis number, some of the transistor numbers, etc. might help. A photo might stir some memories. If it's old, it probably boasts the number of transistors somewhere on its case. Often the color of the case is a clue, as well as the country in which it was sold. Can we assume that it is AM-only (535 - 1605 kHz)? Or is it multiband (LW, MW, and SW)? Or even FM???

If you hear a hiss, the radio may be at least partially functional. Certainly the 220 is put through a transformer and rectified to a low voltage. The most likely failure is that the radio is tuned in between stations and the cord which moves the tuning capacitor is broken, leaving it forever on no station. Does the volume potentiometer scratch when it is rotated?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back