Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

schematic diagram of transmitter and receiver of a rf circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

rantkim

hi everybody,
i'm very new in the field of robotics. I have planned to make a remote controlled car. for this purpose i'll need to have radio frequency circuit comprising of transmitter and receiver.schematic diagram of this circuit will help me to a great extend . if you can the circuit diagram i would be thankful....

you just give the schematics diagram of transmitter and receiver...this is my first attempt to build a robot..thanks in advance

A little hard to DIY, good news is you can buy them from an RC shop.
**broken link removed**

Man! That remote control would be very expensive! Especially with that LCD display. I've actually used one of my remote controls for a completely different model and it worked! That is because they were on the same frequency. If you have another remote control like that laying around you could modify the frequency and you might have to modify the data code.

I have seen some PICs that say they have RF capability, but I haven't looked into it much, so don't know what other parts are required, which ones to use, or how hard it would be to code them to work like an RC car controller. Still something to look at. Anyone know about these?

I have seen some PICs that say they have RF capability, but I haven't looked into it much, so don't know what other parts are required, which ones to use, or how hard it would be to code them to work like an RC car controller. Still something to look at. Anyone know about these?

I looked into them years ago, they are VERY, VERY complicated - essentially you built a transmitter and receiver around them, you need a LOT of external RF parts.

As already suggested, use a normal cheap RC system, alternatively you could use PIC's and licence free radio modules.

I need to get on with that project of mine to make a pic read the PWM servo control signal from one of those RC recievers. I've just been busy with other stuff. I think the last thing I acomplished towards it was making a timer call work (so that I can setup timed multitasking for PWM reading/generating) but I haven't gotten to where I fully understand timer use and configuration.

free radio modules either have no power to cover a needed distance (usually they all work ~30m if no obstacles between sender and receiver) or they are too expensive. I did a lot of research and there is no way to make yourself a powerful (over 30m) send/receive pair that is going to cost same/less then the ready made one available in hobby shops. Even with shipment to this God forsaken land + customs - it is still 2x cheaper to get ready made (full with sticks, antenna, case, switches, connectors, batteries) pair then just to get parts to make one yourself.

Under 30m the story is different, but under 30m you can scavenge parts from cheep CNR toy if you do not need many channels - and that will be ~same price as you build it yourself (or slightly cheaper) but it might be worth doing it yourself just for the learning purpose..

On shorter distances (<10m) IR rulez :D. Never tried the IR communication outside during daytime, but for inside - it works like a charm

Yeah, that was a premium one, but you can definitely get one cheaper, used off an acution site, or just a cheaply made budget one, way cheaper and easier than you can make one from scratch.

I think Bill put this one as an example only... you can get remote's from 3 up to 32 channels (probably even more but I personally never laid eyes on more then 32)... more channels - more money...

Right, I remember seeing one in an RC shop and it was in the hundred dollar range.

I saw one recently in Sweden in some computer shop (not even RC shop), they had transmitter - 4+1 channel and receiver with 4 servo outputs (no servos included) and one 0V/5V output (the +1) for the ~50$ ... 300m range iirc. ... I also saw few models in Germany on the high end side (32 channels .. 24 analog and 8 digital) that go over 4 digits...

They are pretty expensive new, but ebay, flea markets, craigs list and the like can sell you ones that work just fine for pretty cheap. There are also cheaply made ones on some direct from china sites, I haven't used those, but theyre a cheap option as well.

Last edited:
whoa3.... I think the guy's just wanna start.. Why don't you use the one paired with a pt2272/pt2262 for the receiver/transmitter? They're like "push switch number one, LED number one turns on, push number 2,......."

You don't even need a PIC or any uC.
Costs around 2 bucks for each IC, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back