Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Schematic diagram help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im doing an assignment and I have to draw a schematic diagram of a fully buffered processor. My problem is that i have a single line coming from the processor which is A16 to A19, which is representing 4 lines in parallel. I have to connect this to a buffer which takes single lines.
Does anyone know how to split the single line from the processor to 4 separate lines? I've done everything, but i dont know how to properly draw this in a schematic diagram.

The "Single line" as you cal it is a bus, when a connection enters a bus it is given an identifier ie.. A1, A2, A3 etc.. They must be unique so someone else reading the schematic can see where a connection enters / exits the bus.

schematic-jpg.52273

Cheers Ian

Attachments

• schematic.jpg
    schematic.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 388
The only problem with this concept is the time it takes to find the corresponding lines.
Take a Phillips Colour TV.
It took over 30 minutes to find the connecting lines on a common bus and it took even longer to find the components on a PC board, hidden in various parts of the cabinet.
The whole idea of a common bus is to simplify the diagram and it's important to identify the lines with an arrow to show if a signal is entering or emerging from a bus.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back