Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Saw this ad for a ATMEGA kit in Nuts & Volts magazines?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueroomelectronics

This is the ad, what is it? I googled it nothing. Below is the full ad, no other text or description in the magazine.
The cost of a full color ad in a magazine is expensive, I would think that after spending good money on an ad you might invest in a web site or email. Plus it looks like the PCB is just a breadboard. Would you send $49 to a PO Box for this kit?
**broken link removed**

Edit, wait there is more...
Seems really odd to me.
**broken link removed**

Last edited:
blueroomelectronics said:
Would you send $49 to a PO Box for this kit?
Absolutely not! I bought something called the Junebug from a shop at Ebay. It looks much nicer, you should have a look at it! ;)

LOL :) well at least eBay has customer feedback.

I just don't understand what it is the ad is trying to say? Is it a message that American design is shoddy?

I couldn't find much on the internet about this product or the book. Mostly just a brief mention in a post on the board for N&V/Servo magazine and the following address and telephone number. I didn't call to ask based on what was mentioned in the post.

**broken link removed**

Industrial Ventures
132 E Prospect St
Waldwick NJ 07463-2240
(201) 652-6507

I was under the impression the ad was a gag. It can be found in several issues.

Just read the thread
I have been a N&V subscriber for a couple of years and an on/off reader for a long time. I had seen for years the ad from IV (Industrial Ventures) for a book called "Using BNF for Design". The price had gone up over the years from $5 to $9 pp. I decided to finally order it this past Aug. After waiting and several phone messages I never got the book. I inquired through N&V customer service and they found that the IV owner had a stroke and all outstanding monies would be returned. I did get my money returned but am still looking for a copy of the book if any one has one and could tell me the publisher or is willing to sell me one. Thanks for any help on this!

Poor fellow, a stroke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back