Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Satellite signal meter Schematic

Status
Not open for further replies.

arvinfx

Will this schematic work? what do you think?

satelite-signal-meter-circuit-1024x557-2.png

The circuit might work for you to aim the satellite dish to the correct alignment.
The circuit is missing an important 1M resistor to ground at the +input pin3.
It is powered from the DC that powers the LNB at the dish.

Considering you can buy such crappy designs for VERY little money, why would you want to make one?. I'm also a bit dubious about simple detector diodes on a low level UHF feed?, I'd presume the cheap units have an RF amplifier?, but I've never taken one to pieces (or indeed owned one).

They weren't 'too bad' in the analogue days, but you really need something much better for digital, as a minimum it needs to tell you which satellite you actually pointing at - the Clarke Belt is stuffed full of satellites, and it's pretty tricky to find the correct one.

I've got the "commercial" version of that circuit - $5 on Ebay.

It works (but then we have a lot less metal in the sky to point at being Downunder) :)

When I first fitted my original analogue satellite dish it needed to point pretty well directly down the line of the house - so I wasn't sure if it needed to go on the front or the back. So I got a TV outside round the back, along with the satellite receiver and a length of coax - and walked away from the house.

I then manually held the dish in position, and rotated it left and right, up and down, until I got a picture on the TV - then carefully rotated it left and right until I got the channel I was looking for, on Astra 19.2E - while doing this simple manual rotation I got a continuous stream of different satellites, making it hard to find the right one.

Next I kept the dish as carefully in alignment as I could, while I sidled slowly sideways towards the house, looking to see if I lost signal as I got close. Needless to say, this was quite difficult, and didn't go well :D - but the outcome was I 'thought' it needed to go on the back, so I fitted it, then aligned it, and all was well.

Be easier now, you just look where other peoples dishes are pointing, so have a good idea where yours needs to go - but back then there were no other dishes, mine was the first.

Only a few communist countries prevent their people to see on TV democratic people living freely. Move away from your restrictive country to a democratic country.

Reminds me of Pay-Per-View TV or cable TV stations over 30 years ago. They scrambled the picture unless you payed for their descrambler. It was fun to view clear pictures using the descrambler that I built.

Only a few communist countries prevent their people to see on TV democratic people living freely. Move away from your restrictive country to a democratic country.

Reminds me of Pay-Per-View TV or cable TV stations over 30 years ago. They scrambled the picture unless you payed for their descrambler. It was fun to view clear pictures using the descrambler that I built.
I have been to 2 countries, at last end up to my borned country ,emigration is not easy for me. Dependency is really my problem ...

There was a story out of Edmonton many years ago about a brazen and boastful cable descrambler using a ferrite rod, coat hanger and tin foil. Publicity shamed this person, who ceded his "invention" to the cable company CEO.
For this idea, a 78L08 can be subbed with two 1N4001 diodes series-connected, cathode grounded to its ground pin.

I recently read that most people in North Korea are farmers who make an income of only $1 to $2 a month and rarely eat any protein. Their starving children are not as tall as they should be. The leader and his friends are extremely wealthy and buy many very expensive foods and liquors. They have many very expensive cars, airplanes and yachts.

The poor people cannot afford to buy a computer or TV and the signals are all local propaganda lies anyway with no way to see anything from the normal democratic rest of the world because maybe the government jams the signals.

I am trying to make a Radio jamming pointer on satellites in my area...
Satellite Radio Jammer? What size antenna are you planning to use? What is the frequency? What power HPA?
If you have any serious plans to invest in such a "project", why be crappy in a getting a decent Signal meter?

I think the "scumbags" are his communist government. The government does not want its citizens to see or hear what a normal capitalistic government and democratic people do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back