Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Samsung LE23R88BDX psu fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeM

These lcd tv's seem to have a common problem in that their BN44-00158A power supply fails to produce certain volts (24v, 13v) from Tx TM801S which is driven by ICM801S (F9222L). The drive IC has been changed.
As I have been unable find a schematic of this psu it's proving next to impossible to diagnose.
Has anyone else had any success with the above?

Cheers,
Mike

Hello Mike - I have the same problem did you manage to sort it out or even get the schematic for BN44-00158A would like to know how you got on - many thanks Ray

No schematics as the PSU is bought-in - but the problems are usually down to failure of the cheap crap electrolytics used.

Offical service policy is to replace the PSU with a complete new one.

Hi Nigel
thanks for that info - today I had another look at this power supply and found the blue capacitor just under the transformer to be faulty its 18nj 630 volt
I replaced it with 15nj 1000volt as this was all I had available - tv now working fine with nothing getting to hot -
maybe this will help anyone with this problem
Regards
Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back