Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Samsung LCD Power Supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

martimacfly

Hello Everyone,
I desperately search the resistance value of RM801 of power supply from my LCD TV Samsung LE23R32B.
I was watching TV when I heard a big "CLACK!", immediately I think that was capacitor but they seems good, not inflated.
And in fact, was a resistance that had exploded, but now I can't read all the color on the resistance... just the two first, brown then black then ????

What is bizar, is that the resistance RM802 in serial on the same wire seems to be a 1/2Watt, and the dead RM801 just a 1/4Watt...
I contacted the manufacturer of the Korean card power supply, but without success ...

So if by chance one of you could help me it would be nice!
I think it's possible that this power supply be used in various LCD, the following references :
Constructor : Dong Yang E&P (Energy & power solution)
BN96-03642A
Model : BTV23-P/BRD23-P
259-IMG_0504.jpg

rm801 colors : red red silver silver , body color is light blue

hello
the value of rm801 is 0.22 ohm

Hello Everyone,
I desperately search the resistance value of RM801 of power supply from my LCD TV Samsung LE23R32B.
I was watching TV when I heard a big "CLACK!", immediately I think that was capacitor but they seems good, not inflated.
And in fact, was a resistance that had exploded, but now I can't read all the color on the resistance... just the two first, brown then black then ????

What is bizar, is that the resistance RM802 in serial on the same wire seems to be a 1/2Watt, and the dead RM801 just a 1/4Watt...
I contacted the manufacturer of the Korean card power supply, but without success ...

So if by chance one of you could help me it would be nice!
I think it's possible that this power supply be used in various LCD, the following references :
Constructor : Dong Yang E&P (Energy & power solution)
BN96-03642A
Model : BTV23-P/BRD23-P
259-IMG_0504.jpg

It won't just be RM801, that's a 'fuse' resistor, which fails for protection when something else blows.

There are no circuits or spares for Samsung PSU's, it's usually replacement board only.

Not sure of your geographical location, but you could contact the seller of this item:

**broken link removed**

Hello Moises

That power supply looks similar to the one that I had trouble with - I replaced the M-Power ic type F9223L and the 18n j 450volt capacitor (brown one just under the transformer on your board) and it worked I am not sure if the resistor thats blown on your board is connected with these two other components as I did not have the psu circuit either - hope that helps you.

Ray

Last edited:
the power supply is repairable and for that model i think there is a psu repair kit which may be available- or a complete pcb may be obtained from aswo....that resistor is not the problem-you will find the smps ic has aso failed along with a few more parts.....

Hello everyone,
thank you for your anwers.
Because I found no informations to repair, like a idiot I try with a 10koms 0.5W, and... big spark again ! :eek:

I knew it was not the resistor the origin of problem, like I said a idiot...

And now, the fuse is dead (is not a big problem I know).

So now I search a complete psu pcb, but i can't find the same. Can you tell me a equivalent if it exist ...?

I can continu to search to repair the default pcb but can you tell me exactly what can I change to test ?

Last edited:
unless you know exactly what you are doing leave it alone,take the set to a competent engineer who will be able to repair the set for you-that particular powersupply is not very forgiving if you go about the repair in the wrong way.....

It could be a problem with the switching Ic which has gone bad and the resistor seems to be a fusable resistor so before you replace another resistor make sure you check for other components gone bad

This power supply looks very much like what is in the Syncmaster 245BW 24" LCD monitor.
If I am not mistaken it has power factor correction circuitry in it and the boost FET and diode
should be mounted on the heatsink with the yellow warning label on it. Perform a diode test
on both parts and on some other diodes in the vicinity of this heatsink. Can yo also confirm
on the solder side of the board that there is a controller IC marked "4863". It is actually a TDA4863.

samsung power supply

I do have the same problem and also a problem to get the IC F9223L. As Raybla pointed out, just exchange the ic F9223L. Where do you get this circuit? It seems to be obsolet everywhere I tried.

Where did you get the M Power circuit F9223L?

Hello Moises

That power supply looks similar to the one that I had trouble with - I replaced the M-Power ic type F9223L and the 18n j 450volt capacitor (brown one just under the transformer on your board) and it worked I am not sure if the resistor thats blown on your board is connected with these two other components as I did not have the psu circuit either - hope that helps you.

Ray

I cannot find the above circuit anywhere. It seems to be obsolete. Where can I buy it?

Hi I didn't want to open new topic becouse I have same problem. He blow up just like guy in the first post said I heard click or something like that and TV won't turn On anymore. My question is could it be that only that resistor is dead or something else failed too and thats why he blow up ? Is it even worth changing him and see if TV work, this TV is like 7-8 years old could it be that he is just worn-out and that's why he blow up ?

Here is picture motherboard of PSU is bn44-00155a
MfEDuDI.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back