Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Samsung dvd v3500 won't load dvd

Status
Not open for further replies.

circuitous2

I realize the most likely issue for this continuous loading problem is a dirty laser lens. I was able to remove the back and front covers of the player, retract the dvd tray which allowed access to the optical assembly, and remove the optical assembly. But I didn't see anything that looked like a lens. I cleaned the only component that seemed in a position to be able to read the dvd from underneath, but the cleaning didn't fix the problem. I found a picture of the component housing the lens online, but I didn't see anything like that when looking at the optical assembly. I saw a thread mentioning that a lower piece containing the lens was "unsnapped" from an upper piece, but it didn't look to me like anything could be unsnapped. Any help with this would be appreciated.

if the lens is missing from the optical assembly, that's why it won't read DVDs. a picture of your optical assembly might help. the lens is usually about 3mm diameter and circular. i have seen optic assemblies with the lens missing on a couple of rare occasions. don't try to disassemble the actual optical head, those parts are carefully aligned at the factory

laser-focussing-lens.gif this is what the lens assembly looks like. a drive that reads DVD and blu-ray will have two lenses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back