Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Samsung 21"CRT Repair Help Need

Status
Not open for further replies.

raja1

Dear All,

I have problem with my Samsung 21" CRT TV. When it's switch on, power light blinking and had some "clicking" noice but there is no audio and video.

(M/N CS-21A8NT)

Can you help me to slow this problem?

Thank you,

Sounds like a faulty HV transformer , but its risky to repair it if you don't have the right knowledge/equipement .

Last edited:
Samsung 21" monitors have trouble in 2 areas. Not sure if your "TV" has the same parts in the power supply. In the secondary side of the power supply; there may be some caps 1000uf and around 25 to 30v If I remember correctly. You can google samsung monitors 21" and there are many hits for it. If you have an ESR meter or have something to measure the caps on the secondary side you may find them the fault.

However, there might be a problem with the video board. I've not figure out the trouble with it; either the secondary took the board or it's bad all together by itself. Easy fix if it's the power supply and bad if it's the video board.

Good luck,

kv

Edit: I did find this; it may give you clues. First you have to enjoy the the "Hello Kitty" background.

Second it may be the reason I've not been able to find fault with the video boards.

Since its a crt tv , its certainly old , like kilivolt said make sure the caps are good .

Goodluck .

i check all the cap's and resisters, but all of the are seems to be ok. actually i don't have ESR meter .

i thought this problem come from STR is and i replace it. but the problem is same, how can i check the HOUT ?

i check all the cap's and resisters, but all of the are seems to be ok. actually i don't have ESR meter .

If you don't have an ESR meter then you haven't checked the caps! - it's the only (passive) way to test them.

You can check the LOPTX either with a scope, or a 'ringing' tester (I threw mine away about a year ago).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back