Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Safety Requirements on 120Vac Board

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've designed a board with a few relays that switch 120VAC. I have the normally open side of the relay connected to a current limiting resistor and opto-isolator. Do I need to worry about single fault failure for safety testing? If so, can I just put two resistors in series?

By safety testing, you mean official certification?

Doesnt the current limiting resistor interfere with function? If it doesnt, isnt it too low to be protective?

Last edited:
Yes I mean official certification. I'm not exactly sure what you mean by 'interfere with function'. For certification, will I need to worry about single fault failure?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back