Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Safety glasses

Do you wear safety glasses when soldering?

• Yes of course!!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No! What kind of stupid question is that!?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
at school we are suposed to but no one does and i dont wear them at home either :evil:

Dr.EM said:
I do, I think its wise to. Better safe than sorry I guess. I have had bits of hot flux land on my face, and it hurts, so I certainly wouldn't want one to land on my eye :shock:
I have NEVER seen anyone soldering with protective glasses :? ... Is is really necessary? Nothing is jumping or kicking while doing it, so y need eye protection?

... About the smoke that sometimes comes out, it can b disturbing, but a good head position would just clear that problem away :p ...

Nigel Goodwin said:
pike said:
when i was feeding the solder too fast to a joint and then the flux started boiling and spitting chunks of hot solder around, I remember getting something in my eye while soldering, but i never found it again...

I still dont wear goggles though, but i do wear glasses.

A friend at work, many years ago, had to go to hospital with a solder splash actually on his eyeball!.

Apparently to remove it they scraped his eyeball with a scapel! :evil:

:? Makes my eyes tear just thinking about it ...
I assume he partly lost vision with that eye ? :(

Exo said:
Nigel Goodwin said:
pike said:
when i was feeding the solder too fast to a joint and then the flux started boiling and spitting chunks of hot solder around, I remember getting something in my eye while soldering, but i never found it again...

I still dont wear goggles though, but i do wear glasses.

A friend at work, many years ago, had to go to hospital with a solder splash actually on his eyeball!.

Apparently to remove it they scraped his eyeball with a scapel! :evil:

:? Makes my eyes tear just thinking about it ...
I assume he partly lost vision with that eye ? :(
Ouf!!! It can be THAT dangerous :? :( :!:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back