Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Saddest thing I've seen in a long time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello MrRB,

But you said that the gun buy back wasnt working because the wrong people were selling back the guns. So how does that make the problem worse?
We were not talking about disarming at that point.

The "problem" is the negative effect on the proportion of good citizens with guns vs violent criminals with guns.

And you might try to separate "buy backs" from "disarming" but history here in Australia showed that buy backs were extremely effective in disarming the good law abiding citizens. Didn't disarm the criminals so well though...

Hi there MrRB,

Well, i agree that there would be a problem with taking guns away from people who just want to use them for defense against the bad guys.

But you have to admit you are assuming a lot here, that the good guys are selling their guns and the bad guys arent, and that somehow the good guys are forced to sell them. Unfortunately i dont have any data on hand to prove it one way or the other. You brought up some good points to think about though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back