Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

S-Parameters in Magnitude and Phase Angle on the Nano VNA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fuseless

Hi folks,

I'm thinking of getting a nano vna to measure the S-Parameters of RF transistors. One thing I noticed is that I've only seen the magnitude expressed in dB. I'm used to it expressed in absolute value of the magnitude.

How do I set the instrument to read the absolute value of magnitude? The manual for the SAA-2N V2.2 isn't clear on this.

And the manual says "Phase in the range of -180 ° to + 180 ° (90 degree default)", does this anything to do with the Smith chart?

Thanks...

The manual shows a choice of linear scale setting on a channel -

1645971599961.png

Regards, Dana.

Hi Dana, thanks for your response,

Yes, I received my analyzer the other day and discovered that. I also found that by using 'Lin' in the 'Smith value' menu, you can get the absolute value of the magnitude and the phase angle.

The one thing I don't understand is why the magnitude is negative even though the load on the channel is greater than Zo? I'm assuming that Zo = 50 Ohms.

Thanks...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back