Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

run 4x100w tk2050 amp as bridged for Sub

Status
Not open for further replies.

stuee

Hi.
does anyone know this amp
**broken link removed**

as i would like to use it on a single sub
**broken link removed**

I know its not a great sub but it does the job i want it for in a big box.

I have a single sub line out from my surround sound. Am i able to split this to 4 channels and run all 4 outputs to this one driver?

any advice is appreciated.
thanks

The individual amps are already bridged, so you can't bridge them again - it's also probably not a good idea to try and parallel the amps.

However, to feed one output to the four amps, you just need to connect the four inputs directly to the sub output, no need for resistors or anything.

so would i be better just running 1 channel to the amp as mono. or perhaps getting another sub and run 2 channels 1 to one sub and one to the other?

also is there a way to control volume on this as the sub out is not volume controlled. thanks

so would i be better just running 1 channel to the amp as mono. or perhaps getting another sub and run 2 channels 1 to one sub and one to the other?

Just use one of the amps, it will give 70W in to a 4 ohm speaker, or about 40W to an 8 ohm.

What sort of cabinet are you building?, generally subs use ported cabinets or folded horns - not just a question of chucking it in a big box.

also is there a way to control volume on this as the sub out is not volume controlled. thanks

Just add a potentiometer between the sub output and the amp, a 4.7K one should work OK.

The woofer has no spec's. It might not produce deep bass sounds.
It has a low power rating for its size and has a small magnet.
The amplifier uses ICs from Tripath. But Tripath went bankrupt years ago. If an IC fails then where will you buy a replacement?
The datasheet shows only 45W into 4 ohms with a 28V supply. It might be able to produce horribly distorted squarewaves at 90W into 4 ohms. Into the 8 ohm woofer the power will be only about 25W to 30W.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back