Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RS232 to invert TTL converter

Status
Not open for further replies.

hani_a

I'm using ATMEGA16. It provides me with code to transmit and receive data via the USART. I've been looking for an RS232 to invert TTL conversion device on the internet and I can't find anything.

Thanks!
Hani A.

RS232

hi
You can use every RS232 IC for example max 232 or ICL 132 &ICL 233
from HARRIS semiconductore
BUT i have a happy suggestion
test THis circut Its very chep and work very well

Attachments

• RS232_111.gif
    RS232_111.gif
    2.7 KB · Views: 1,157
Last edited by a moderator:
:idea:

For my serial work on PICs (i know you are using an atmel, but it may help others...) I just use a 10k resistor to the RX pin (on the PIC) and connect the TX (from the PIC) straight to the PC.

The catch.... you can't use the UART, the rs232 data is now "inverted", all the max232 ic's etc invert the data for use with the PIC UART...

It works a treat, i have used this reliably (over standard cable lengths) to 115200 at 8mhz

Let me know if anyone wants the code for the serial tx/rx!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back