Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Rotary Laser level detector / receiver please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi.
I'm chasing a --CIRCUIT-- design to make a laser level receiver please.
It'll be about a foot high, with maybe 40 vertical LEDs. I'd like ONE of those LEDs to light up when the photo-diode(?) beside it detects the laser beam, thus showing me where on the detector the laser is striking. The laser level rotates at about 500rpm, I assume the detector circuit will have to detect this faint laser pulsing differentiating it form ambient light readings? I'm not too bright, but keen for some help please?

The receiver will be in bright daylight, and will need to be seen from some distance, hence the interest in LED illumination.
I have appreciated numerous ideas offered, but unfortunately nothing has been a better solution for my application than singular led illumination, in a vertical column, about 250-300mm tall. From previous enquiries, It would also seem a successful circuit might relate to the cyclic pulse of the laser beam striking the detector cells, identifying it from the incoming bright ambient light.

This is not a new idea. These rotating lasers already have receviers/detectors that accurately read the beam from 100m or more away, with an accuracy of 5mm or less.
The problem is, the hand helds have a small detection height (2 inches or so) and usually offer a readout of high, on grade, or low. I wish to make a big one, that can been seen from a distance, that shows exactly where the beam is striking it, so I can see exactly how far off grade I am, from a distance, outside, in daylight.
Thanks.
hi
I am in the construction industry and have a related problem with laser beam receivers. how did you get on with your idea. my issue was to get a motor to react to the beam. with nothing cheap on the market I made my own (with some help) to level stone in a slow but very accurate manner. I am not sure if my system could be of use to you/adapted. I did purchase a cr600 receiver, very good but still only one led regardless of how high or low it is. let me know how you got on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back