Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Rock Band drums

Status
Not open for further replies.

slvrstang

My rock band drum set has been disconnecting from the PS3 in the middle of songs, without actually turning off. If I turn it off then back on, it reconnects and then works.

I popped the set open and found an electrical component I don't know that looks like it's melted.

Here is a picture
**broken link removed**

well the image won't post, here is the link to it

**broken link removed**
What is this component? It reads SHX16,000. There is another one on the other end of the PCB but it does not have solder on the side of it.

Last edited:
Even if it didn't shut off did you try new batteries to see if thats the problem? Those things burn through batteries fast, considering that drums aren't a portable instrument I don't really get why they didn't include a wall adapter. A good project would be adding a connection for one, especially if battery power turns out to be the problem with yours.

It is not the batteries as far as I can tell. I could make a 120vac to 4.5vdc converter but I doubt that's the issue. The problem only occurs when the drums are being hit. I haven't been able to reproduce it by tapping anything inside.

Well I was mainly suggesting that because to me its always best to try the simplest to fix things first, even if they aren't the most likely.

Looks like its time to go over it all with a fine tooth comb, or to be more literal, a multimeter and a magnifying glass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back