robotics industry

Status
Not open for further replies.

kitedude

hi,

I'm not to sure if this forum was designed for my question but i hope you can help me.
I'm just about to finish a 5 year degree in Electronic engineering and trying to decide what route to take. I dont really like working with ac signals. I'd be intrested in working in robotics, could anybody tell me a little about the industry, and what kind of expertise you need for the industry.

Thanks.

I've just finished school of robotics too, mais, I think if you would like to work in industrial field, you don't have to know muchie about robotics, but control system. Because until now, as I know, except manipulators were built by some big coops, almost robots are made in labo. As they finish a commercial robot, they send it to industial factories. The only first mobile robot in the world was mass produced is Trilobite of Electrolux or Roomba is a same type. They are vacuum cleaners, real mobile robots.

If you want to work in robotics field, I think you must continue to study. The manipulators are built in labo, then bought buy some manufactures. The case of Trilobite is the first special case that end users buy a robot.

Of course, if you want to build stuffs to sell as many technicians, I think it's really wonderful. For example, you may build a RC helicoper, small robots, etc.... But in this field, I don't know muchie. Perhaps, some admin of this forum will tell you more. They are professional in building this type of products. And you know, they have a huge knowledge on microcontrollers. I learnt many things from them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…